MIPS 2020: Improvement Activities

MIPS 2020: Improvement Activities

The MIPS Improvement Activities category measures the eligible clinician’s participation in activities that improve clinical practice or care delivery.  In 2020, this category continues to be weighted at 15 percent of the individual clinician’s or group’s total MIPS score (while the Quality category accounts for the remaining 85 percent of the total score for PTs, OTs and SLPs).

Over 100 MIPS Improvement Activities are divided into the following nine (9) subcategories:

  1. Expanded Practice Access
  2. Population Management
  3. Care Coordination
  4. Beneficiary Engagement
  5. Patient Safety and Practice Assessment
  6. Participation in an APM (Alternative Payment Model)
  7. Achieving Health Equity
  8. Emergency Preparedness and Response
  9. Integrated Behavioral and Mental Health

Activities do not have to be selected from each category or from a certain number of categories. Activities should be chosen based on what is most appropriate and meaningful for the participating clinician’s or group’s practice.

For more information, read Casamba’s MIPS 2020: Improvement Activities Summary.

Holly Hester

Holly Hester is Casamba’s Senior Vice President of Compliance & Education, as well as the Compliance Officer. She provides regulatory guidance and interpretation, clinical programming and content development, education and training steerage, and compliance support for the company. As a physical therapist for more than 20 years, Holly has multi-venue clinical and management experience, giving her a unique perspective on the integration of compliance and training with therapy service delivery and clinical practice.
Request Demo

Casamba, a Net Health® Company