The Technical Writer creates, edits, formats, and otherwise prepares customer-facing and internal manuals, training guides, training video scripts, and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information related to all Casamba products and applications. The Technical Writer manages and maintains all product-related documentation and content in Casamba’s documentation content management system, MadCap Flare.
Main Duties and Tasks:
- Analyzes technical content and writes engaging and accurate documentation within set deadlines.
- Produces concise, clear, and interactive instructional materials for both web-based and instructor-led training as required.
- Uses photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts to increase users’ understanding of the product/topic.
- Manages and maintains all product-related documentation and content in MadCap Flare.
- Efficiently manages time and workload independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborates with the Compliance and Education team to produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Develops, drafts, reviews, and edits scripts and training documents.
- Promotes a positive corporate culture by exhibiting a strong level of professionalism.
- Communicates technical and clinical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Works independently and collaboratively to conduct research and create content for product training materials and other projects as required.
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with other departments, such as IT, Sales, Marketing, Product, Support, and Customer Success.
- Works on other educational materials as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in English or technical writing or related field preferred, but strong consideration given to candidates with any extensive writing experience.
- At least two years writing experience, including creating/drafting and proofing copy.
- Experience utilizing MadCap Flare.
- Ability to write instructional text, including manuals, training guides, and audio and video scripts.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Attention to detail and good communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, take direction, work as a team player, and work independently.
- Examples of writing are helpful, specifically, published web content.
- Experience/familiarity with medical terminology.
- Working knowledge of Articulate, Camtasia, Captivate, or other online content development software preferred.
- HTML experience preferred.
- Product and project management experience preferred.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@Casamba.net