On Friday, April 19, CMS released the FY 2020 SNF PPS Proposed Rule.
- 2.5% payment increase ($887 million)
- PDPM will be implemented 10/1/2019
- CMS proposes to change the definition of group to be the same as in Inpatient Rehab Facilities: 2-6 patients performing the same or similar activities
- SNF Quality Reporting Program – CMS proposes to exclude baseline nursing home residents from the Discharge to Community measure, and to adopt 2 new quality measures in FY 2020:
- Transfer of Health Information from the SNF to another Provider
- Transfer of Health Information from the SNF to the Patient
- CMS proposes to collect standardized patient assessment data elements and other data required to calculate quality measures using the MDS on all patients, regardless of payer (vs. on Medicare Part A only)
For more information, read Casamba’s summary of the Proposed Rule.