On July 30, CMS released the FY 2020 SNF PPS Final Rule. This rule finalizes payment policies for Medicare Part A in the SNF and updates the SNF Quality Reporting and Value-based Purchasing Programs.
- An overall payment increase of 2.4%, or $851 million, for FY 2020
- The unadjusted federal per diem rates, both Urban and Rural, have been changed from what was proposed (every element decreased slightly)
- The definition of group therapy for Medicare Part A was finalized as “2-6 patients performing the same or similar activities”
- CMS finalized a sub-regulatory process for updating ICD-10-CM codes used to classify patients under PDPM (similar to the current process for updating HCPCS codes for consolidated billing and ICD-10 codes for the IRF classification methodology)
- CMS is adopting two new quality measures for the SNF QRP related to transfer of health information
For more information, access the CMS Fact Sheet and the Final Rule.
Read the CMS Fact Sheet here.
For more information, read Casamba’s summary of the Final Rule.