On Tuesday, March 31st, CMS added several speech-language pathology CPT codes to the Medicare telehealth services list for the duration of the COVID-19 public health emergency (PHE). The updated list includes:
- 92610, evaluation of oral and pharyngeal swallowing function
- 92526, treatment of swallowing dysfunction and/or oral function for feeding
- 96105, assessment of aphasia, per hour
- 96125, standardized cognitive performance testing, per hour
- 97129, therapeutic interventions that focus on cognitive function, initial 15 minutes
- 97130, therapeutic interventions that focus on cognitive function, each additional 15 minutes
While the current PHE is set to expire on April 21st, HHS has indicated its intent to extend the PHE through the end of 2021, but this has yet to be confirmed.
The entire updated list of Medicare telehealth services can be found here.